About Scovern Law
Scovern Law is a premier law firm that exclusively represents plaintiffs in complex litigation and mass tort. We litigate cases in jurisdictions across the United States on behalf of individuals from all 50 states.
Scovern Law is a highly respected law firm with a high referral rate from prior clients and plaintiffs’ attorneys nationwide. We have long-standing relationships with premier law firms and co-counsel with them on complex litigation, including pharmaceutical and defective device litigation.
At Scovern Law, we listen carefully because your story is important to us. Our clients do not walk alone. We guide them through the ins-and-outs of their case and help them understand the legal landscape as well as each step along the way. Scovern Law seeks to right the wrongs done to honest, hardworking people — most are in the fight of their lives. That’s why we take our work so seriously — and why our results are noteworthy.
Our thoroughness, coupled with our litigation expertise, makes us a formidable force for justice. In sharp contrast to litigation mills who represent thousands of cases at a time, Scovern Law only handles a limited number of cases which allows us to provide the highest level of service to our clients. We are highly selective in the cases we accept, and we are wholeheartedly committed to the meticulous preparation of each one.
Susanne Scovern, Founding Partner
Susanne Scovern has produced extraordinary results on behalf of her clients and their families. She frequently represents individuals against large global corporations with multiple law firms. She thrives and prevails in this environment. She is a creative, aggressive litigator who has a passion for the profession and the art of law.
Ms. Scovern has participated in some of the nation's largest pharmaceutical and mass tort cases, including:
- Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Liability Litigation: St. Louis, Missouri, $4.69 billion jury verdict supporting the claims of 22 women that talcum powder caused their ovarian cancer, July 2018.
- Vioxx Products Liability Litigation: U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana against Merck Pharmaceutical, $4.85 billion settlement.
- Bextra and Celebrex Marketing Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of San Francisco against Pfizer Pharmaceutical, $894 million settlement.
- Avandia Mktg., Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation: U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania against GlaxoSmithKline, $3.5 billion settlement.
- Yaz and Yasmin Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation: U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois against Bayer Pharmaceutical, $1.74 billion settlement.
- Kugel Mesh Hernia Products Liability Litigation: U.S. District Court for Rhode Island against C.R. Bard, $185 million settlement.
Ms. Scovern is an active member of the following associations:
- American Association for Justice (in the Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts section)
- American Bar Association (Health Law and Tort Trial & Insurance Sections)
- California Trial Lawyers Association (Consumer Attorneys of California)
- Washington DC Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
Ms. Scovern graduated with highest honors from the University of Michigan and is also a graduate of the University of Iowa School of Law where she was a member of the Iowa Law Review.
Ms. Scovern is admitted to practice in:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island